20.6.13

My plans


I was talking with my friend cum spiritual director about career and future plans.  I was rattling excitedly of what I wanted to do while he just silently listened and intently looked at me.  After ending my telenovela-like babbling, he nodded and asked me, “Is that what you truly wanted to do?”  I replied, “Yes, of course.  Isn’t it exciting to wake up every morning, looking forward to seeing how these plans will unfold?” He said, “What if that is not what fate wants you to have?” I was dumbfounded, not knowing what exactly to think or to reply to him.  

Since then, I stopped planning for my life but never had I stopped dreaming for a better life.  And so, each day I wake up, I said my prayer:

"Surprise me Lord, something that exceeds my imagination..."
                                                                    Thank you Fr. Joy Pelino for a great realization and prayer :)

No comments:

Read on...

Read on...