17.6.21

Superman!


You were named Saul
After the first king of Israel.
Just as he was mighty, so were you.

Your code name was superman.
You had it tattooed on your arms
so that you will be remembered as such.

You loved so deeply and shared generously.
We are so many - children from many wives of your brothers and children of your only sister.
Yet, you looked after us like we were your own. 

Bastards or not,
You equally helped and accepted us.
For to you, all of us are part of the family.

But certainly, I was your favorite.
But all others were also your favorites,
under your own many categories. 

But I was still the most privileged.
For I spent time with you days before you left.
We talked many things, we laughed at them.

But in those days nearing your death,
you never showed you were worried.
You still have that same laugh and appetite for food.

You were one of those that I have seen to have lived life fully.
Who loved so wholly
and trusted completely.

You lived life with gratitude,
Embracing each day with joy
and taking all with faith. 

 Before your last breath,
I was so sure that you felt how much we loved you
I saw you smiled despite your heavy breathing 

- or was it only my imagination?  
I prefer to believe that you smiled
Remembering your usual comic smiles.

We will miss you.
But even so, Fly high, superman! 
Fly high!




No comments:

Read on...

Read on...